Okay! Here are the REAL Gough family gingerbread houses. Not as beautiful as the previous entry, but certainly made with just as much love!Let me give you a little back history on this little undertaking of Brian's. For years I really enjoyed making a gingerbread house for decoration. Which was fine, until we had children who wanted to eat the candy and a mom who would feel really sad when my house was destroyed by little fingers. So for a couple of years, Brian has been asking for us to make "edible" houses with the kids. So, trying to be accommodating, I get up one morning, bust out the graham crackers and whip up some frosting, which, along the lines of edible gingerbread houses, I make with no Meringue powder.
Now, to clue in those of you who don't cook, Meringue powder is what makes the frosting like building cement. Hence why gingerbread houses are very sturdy. Now, although this makes the houses more edible to 86 the meringue powder, it also makes them near impossible to build. After a few modifications of the roofing pieces, and a lot of frustration on the walls, we were in business.
And I will say, it was a lot easier for the kids to squeeze out the frosting when it's all soft!
This one to the right is Jakey and Brian's. They put gummy orange wedges as roof supports. I will admit, it was much smarter than what I came up with for Tyler's.
Below is Tyler and Mine. Uh, yeah, I was going for the two story affect.
We had some problems. 'nough said there.
So for those of you looking to shop the market for prime gingerbread real estate, let me walk you through the houses and let the amenities speak for themselves.
Here we see a fish pond, complete with 1 fish, imported all the way from Sweden. And yes, the water is that beautiful natural blue color all year round.
Another fabulous feature of this house is the built in security system.
Notice along the roof, the red lasers, designed to keep little gingerbread boys and girls safe
at night.
That little point on the top, front of the roof is the build in security camera, a feature I'm told by the builder is the highlight of this lovely property.
at night.That little point on the top, front of the roof is the build in security camera, a feature I'm told by the builder is the highlight of this lovely property.
Here we have house number two. The main attraction of this house we see in the front, full
grown green bushes lining the walk, accenting themirror. ( I don't know, ask Jake, apparently this
yellow sucker is the mirror and it's very important!)
Also a fine feature of this property is the exotic worms lining the roof and sides of the house. This builder tells me they are for fishing in the neighbors pond.
Also features a security guard, posted at the front









1 comments:
I don't care, those gingerbread houses should be on display. They are so cute and what a great way to use up graham crackers. I'll have to call you about the "glue." They looke beautiful.
Post a Comment