Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A word of explanation...

You may or may not have noticed I have added the song "Baby Mine" to my playlist at the bottom of this blog. And yes, you are right, that song doesn't really fit with the rest of my music on there. Let my tell you it's story, and you will get it.

When Jakey was a baby, Baby Mine was the only song I could consisitantly sing that would instantly relieve his stress and make him stop crying. I have no clue why this is. To this day, Jake just has to hear the first two words of Baby mine to get him to stop crying when he's hurt and smile when he's sad. He sings this song to his stuffed animals, his friends, and his brother. I have to say, he is way cuter when he sings it that Alison Kraus is, but I don't have the technology to get Jake's voice on here. So this song has become a regular in our household, sung at least 4-5 times a week. It only seems right that it go on the blog that is the record of our family's life.

1 comments:

Rasmussen Forever said...

That's totally a "Kelly" song. I love it. Your playlist is so fun, you don't need to explain yourself, it's great!