Actually the laundry featured in this post is clean, but whatever. This morning a lot of strange things have occurred to me, which prompt me to show you all pictures of my dirty house. This morning as I was reading through blogs I noticed some thoughts running around in my head. I started thinking, "Wow! their house is a lot cleaner than mine!" and "Oh look, they co-ordinate their kid's clothes" Until I realized, wait a minute, these are BLOG PICTURES... Of course they look good!
Then I read a blog of an old college friend, Bridgette, who recently had her youngest son pass away. She mentioned how grateful she was for how she treated him. She talks about the night before his death, how she and her husband were able to spend extra time with their son, without worrying about sending him to bed. I was so grateful for these tender insights into their life. It reminded me that it really doesn't matter what my house looks like. The reason it looks like this is because I have a sick child right now, and to me holding him while he feels terrible is more important than seeing my living room floor. Life really is so short and in the end of it all, when my children are gone, I will have a clean house, folded clothes, updated blogs, and a weeded garden. Right now, I'm going to enjoy the moments I have with these precious little boys. They are growing so fast!
This doesn't give me permission to live in a pig stye, but I think it gives me ample permission to let it go. I would rather have happy, loved children then a show house. So to the moms everywhere, let's let it go a little more. Just choose to put down the cleaner and build a lego house, watch scooby doo, play barbies (okay that was excessive, I wouldn't play barbies if my life depended on it), we can clean tomorrow, the mess is kind enough to wait for us.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Airing my dirty laundry....
Posted by Kelly at 8:18 AM
Labels: Jake and Tyler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I totally agree. I would much rather be on the floor watching toy car races and getting my jeans sucked on by a baby than cleaning. Though I do find myself trying to crop out the dirty house when I post picutes on the blog. I'm not usually sucessful though. Hope all is going well. Have you guys moved yet?
Awesome! It makes me feel so much better when I see someone elses house a little out of order. I would take pics of mine but...um don't want you to see the mess. Anyway, I think that Dad's are the one's who are supposed to give up time to play barbies with their daughters, and us moms play GI Joes right?
YES!!! I'm so much more into boy stuff than girl stuff! Good thing I don't have to worry about the girl stuff yet!
And Casey, we have not moved, we actually took our house off the market when Brian made a remarkable recovery from his surgery! We are so much happier to stay!
I love your mommy insight. It's refreshing to hear or read someone elses opinion and know that it's the same as your own. I have to agree, if your too busy cleaning house and trying to keep up with everyone else, what or who is with your children.
The best example for children is a loving parent, who spend their time with them, not their money on them.
So True! What a great insight. It's hard to remember that sometimes-but so true! Thank you.
I loved your comments. Maybe I'm feeling sentimental today, but you made me cry. Truly!
Post a Comment