Thursday, July 26, 2012

Who loves their mommy?


I have to say this for my boys, they really love me. Brian is monumentally bad at taking photos of major family events but he is very dedicated when it comes to documenting for posterity the moments when my boys let down their pride and too-cool-ness and snuggle with me.

A few things are cracking me up about these, the first is that Tyler is bigger than I am in that photo to the right. By about 2 inches.

The other thing that is amusing that I probably would have forgotten to post about since I've kind of blocked it out is look at my hair in that photo with Jake. There's a story to it, and no, I didn't for a minute think it looked good and I did NOT ask for it to be that light. Here's the story:

I went to get my highlights put in for summer and I decided to go to Lifetime spa for it since I would already be there for work. I made pretty clear that she was understanding what I wanted and she sounded like she got it. Well, 1 hour and 20 minutes later she takes the foil off my hair over the sink and all I hear is: **gasp** "I'm not really sure what happened". If there were ever words to strike fear in the heart of women everywhere it is this.

I respond, patiently but fearful: "what do you think happened?"

It didn't get better from there. She still wasn't sure but what she came up with was that it somehow magically got lighter than she thought it would. Um, yeah, caught that part darlin.

As she brings me to a mirror and takes the towel off my head I get the rare opportunity to see what I will look like in about 40 years when my whole head of hair is white. Needless to say, it convinced me that I will forever be maintaining my trips to the salon for a very long time. I can't explain the amount of shock I experienced at what she had done. To top it off, I was 5 minutes behind for a massage so she asks if I would like to have her fix it after my massage. As kindly as possible, this is what I said:

"this is one of those really honest moments, do you really feel confident that you can fix it in any way or is it time to let someone else take over that could help me?"

Well she felt confident so I figured I'd let her try, really it couldn't get worse. So I went to my massage (which was a little harder to relax for that usual) and when I came out she tried hard to fix my hair. That really blonde photo is the result of her fixing my hair. Believe it or not, it really was worlds better than what she had done the first time.

I have since then gone to someone different who has brought my hair back to it's normal color. Lesson learned, only go to HIGHLY recommended people!!

0 comments: