Friday, October 22, 2010

And he's off and riding!

With the older kids riding their bikes to school, Jake was on a bit of a deadline to learn to ride a two wheeler. From the day school started, there was only 2 weeks until Claire got her cast off and then Jake would be expected to ride his bike with the big kids. So, we went to the old house and performed that age old rite of passage of learning to ride a bike.

Jake was amazing! After we got past the initial fear of falling, he was a champ about trying it himself. We didn't have to do any of the run along beside the bike for hours stuff, which is good since I don't think Brian's back could have handled that!

He picked it up quick and soon enough was racing Tyler around the cul-de-sac. Just look at that big smile!



2 comments:

Coleman Family said...

He's so darling! Love the look of triumph on his little face!

Eagar Fam said...

Couple of good lookin boys. Congrats Jake, you look awewome!!
I need to get a new post on my blog...I'll get to it soon. Glad your still postin, I like to read everyone's stuff. Hope your family is doing well, we are hoping to have a little get-together soon, we will let y'all know.