Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day Hike

For memorial day we went for a hike up Butterfield canyon. For myself who hasn't spent much time in the Utah "wilderness" This was a bit of a rude awakening. I guess I expected more trees. And maybe not a large road that people walk ("hike") up. And maybe a little more natural beauty. Don't get me wrong, once I started thinking of Butterfield canyon as a uphill walk in a barren desert I found some things to appreciate and it didn't end poorly.I think I just need to lower my expectations of hiking here.


We did get a couple of cute pictures and it was these very photos that encouraged me that it was time to cut my hair, ASAP!

Barren, that's just the only word for this landscape. And BTW, we just went around a fence and found a horse trail. :) I don't "hike" on roads.

Tyler found more cool looking sticks that I've ever seen! That doesn't really justify carrying around 5 of them and hitting people with them (on accident of course) but it gave him something to do beside pick up paintballs.






0 comments: