Wednesday, July 15, 2009

3 handsome boys, 1 grey hair, and a crab


Gas to Seattle: $212
4 greasy Dicks Cheeseburgers, 3 Fries, 4 Shakes: $22.64
2.5 pounds of Coconut Taffy you can only buy in Seattle: $12.57
Waterfront parking: $2.95
Spending my birthday in my favorite place in the world with my favorite people: Priceless!

We drove to Seattle Wednesday morning on the way home, even though technically it wasn't anywhere near the way home. (Although after checking map quest it is only the longer way by 45 minutes, so I think it's justified!) All I wanted for my birthday this year was to be in Seattle, eating either fish and chips from Steamers or cheeseburgers from Dicks. Well Brian and I had amazing fish and chips the night before so we went for Dicks. It was everything I'd longed for! the kids loved it, we have always loved it, so it really was the perfect way to start the drive home. We spent some time on the waterfront, just hanging out.


And yes, you read that right. Fate had the gall to bestow me with a grey hair on my birthday, MY 29th BIRTHDAY no less! Not cool. And no, I don't want to talk about it.

There was a crabber on the wharf who had a good catch he let us inspect. Notice Jake's hands behind his back? He was the first to reach out for a crab and he tried to grab the wrong side. Let's just say we're all really glad he has Brian's reflexes! After that he was less than enthusiastic about trying again, photo opp or not. Tyler Braved up and so did Brian. I personally don't believe in playing with my food :) so I refrained from holding the crab. All in all, it was the best birthday I've had in years!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

looks like you had a great time! I am glad your drive went well. You were really far in front of us on our drive. We left Kanab at 8:30am and then drove to baker city and spent the night and finished monday.

Danielle Christiansen said...

hey guys! glad I found you on the world wide web.
The place that prints your blog is called blurb.com.
and the artscow link is on the right side of my blog. it is free to sign up. Let me know if you have any problems. it was goos to see you at the family gathering.

Eagar Fam said...

Well Happy Birthday, and don't fret about the grey hair, most people that have lighter hair have some greys they don't even know about. Be proud of it, you've done a lot in your life to earn that one grey hair.
It's cool that you got to spend your birthday in your hometown eating good food...that is the best! I would love to see washington someday.