

I Just couldn't help myself this year. I was all about the parties at other places! We picked up Jake's friends and brought them to Chuckie cheese for his birthday party. We had a blast! My favorite was the monster truck, that thing was cool! And as you notice, Jake choose power ranger helmet for his birthday cake theme....?!?!? No idea where that came from, Jake's never even seen power rangers. And the helmet?!?! Seriously? Yes, very seriously..."mom I want the red power ranger helmet for my birthday cake".
Now you might be thinking to yourself, did that say red? Is there something wrong with my monitor? That looks blue. Don't call the computer repair man just yet, that is a blue helmet you see. As seems to be the norm for my cakes this year, the red helmet met with disaster 1 hour before the party. I really thought I would be ok waiting until the last minute on that, until the frosting wouldn't go any redder than hot pink. Now I can often fool my kids by turning the clocks foward a few hours and convincing them it's really bedtime, but even I know that trying to convince a 5 year-old that his cake is really just a cheerful red instead of the hot pink it looks like is a no no. So I went to consult the birthday boy, whom I found dead asleep on my bed. I used common sense and the only other food coloring I had and made it a blue helmet. He was ok with it. Maybe we'll buy cakes next year....




3 comments:
I cannot believe you can pull of two cakes in one day. I think my brain would explode making the birthday far more traumatizing than the pink helmet!
Now that's a cool birthday! You are such an awesome mommy. That cake is beautiful.
That cake is cool. You do so much for your boys! We had a blast with you guys! As soon as you're back in Utah, call me!
PS - I love the music you have on here. I come to your blog just to listen to it sometimes.
Post a Comment