Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Growin like weeds!

Well, Jake is 4 now and I'm feeling sad that instead of a toddler and a baby, or a kid and a toddler, I now have 2 kids. They are growing so fast, we just can't keep up with them anymore! Jake celebrated his birthday in a whole weekend worth of fun, started out by our memorial day "campout" at Glenn and Kecia's. Our actual campout got rained, or rather, snowed out, so we decided to make do with a sleepover, complete with marshmellows around the fireplace and stories. We learned that Jake can make up the coolest additions to our "chain storytelling". We were exhausted the next day, but it was the most laughing I've done in a long time!

Sunday we had a family party for Jake, he requested breakfast for his birthday dinner, so we had stuffed french toast and bacon. He was thrilled, it wasn't quite what I had in mind....

Yesterday we had his birthday with friends at Classic Skating in the bounce zone. The kids loved it! So did I, no clean up for me and the kids were so worn out by pizza and cake time, they just sat politely!

All in all, it was a great birthday weekend for Jake, he loves his presents, but the one he loves the most is his bubblegum machine Tyler got him, Just a cheap little toy. Next year I think we'll just give him gum refills, instead of spending a day trying to find a great toy!

0 comments: